Re: Gas mileage to crap?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 17:13:51 EST

I know I'm way behind on this tread, but I drive the same truck in the same
weather here. On your short trips in the "cold" it probably isn't warming
up enough. I don't think the 4.7L run nearly as hot as 5.9, 5.2, or even
3.9's. These engines can run cold all by themselves. I know my T'stat
works well but when I get on the highway in 40deg weather it will run well
below 180. Also I'd suggest resetting your computer right before you take a
long highway trip, that'll give it a better knowledge base. My milage has
dropped about 2-3mpg also, I blame the weather.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm