24K Transaxle fluid change (little long)

From: Robert D. Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 19:04:45 EST

Help me DAKsperts! The DAKSY's at 24K & the owners manual says to replace
the front & rear pumpkin juice (again!) I put synthetic in both at 12.5 K.
It was a PITA (too many bolts), but the weather was warm in August. Seeing
as it it now coming up on one of the most miserable months for NY winters,
do I really need to do this now? Can I wait for the weather to warm up a
little? My garage has a decent woodstove in it, but both bays are so full of
junk that I'd have to take an entire weekend to clean it out just to make
room for the DAKSY. If I do it outside, can I expect the RTV to set up
properly? I can keep the RTV warm just prior to application, but I'd really
rather wait until the all the metal parts warm up a little. Along this line
of thinking, is there anyplace that sells the pumpkin covers with a drain
plug? I'd drill & pipe tap em both, but the damn things are so thin that 1/2
thread is about all I'd get & that wouldn't give a positive seal on the
plug.

Off topic: Glad the New Jersey Pygmies got their D*CKS knocked in the dirt!
That's what those NYC A**HOLES get for electing Senator H...

.

 Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +
3.9l; V-6: 4X4