Re: Auto-Xrayed The Truck

From: Martin P Wade (mpw5@excite.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 06:56:31 EST

Kyle,
1) This my sound really dumb, but is it possible that your coil connection
is bad? My 93 tries to stall out in low idle situations during change of
seasons (winter-spring & fall-winter). We have not been able to locate the
problem, but my coil is mounted low on the engine block and we feel that it
gets wet.
2) Could you have a bad wire along the frame or in the engine compartment,
where a cable has either worked loose or the insulation has worn through
allowing for ground to be made under load? The reason that I ask this is in
my previous vehicle, I had one wire that was bad and caused all my lights to
go out. This situation is not too traumatic except when it first happened I
was running about 80 on the Interstate in Wisconsin. We found it, but it
was a serious pain to locate.

martin
93 cc V6 5spd
mpw5@excite.com