RE: Front differential question

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 22:56:10 EST

that EGR valve aint cheap! You may want to pull it off and clean the carbon
off of it, she'll work just fine. Of course, if one were to install a peice
of solid metal gasket material between the EGR pickup tube and the exhaust
manifold, the valve would never get carboned up... ;)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-
->I've fixed most of the problems with my '91 5.2 4X4 Dakota but I have run
->across one that is a new area for me. The front differential is leaking
->from the passenger side axle seal. How hard is it to replace
->this? Anyone that has done this job have any hints. It isn't leaking
->that bad, but I hate leaks. Also, what is a good price for an alternator
->(stock quality), mine is whining like a Bitc* in heat. I also intend to
->replace the EGR valve, O2 Sensor, and Charcoal filter in preparation for
->emissons testing (I've already replaced the PCV) ..... any horror stories
->on these replacements and any idea on cost? My maintenance
-required light
->is on and I figure if I replace the items (listed in the Haynes manual)
->the emissons system should be in good shape. I have no idea when they
->were last replaced so I could be wasting money on some or all of the
->items. I bought the truck used so I don''t have much history on the past
->repairs. I figure, if I replace all of the items and remove the annoying
->Maintenance required bulb, I should be good to go. Any help would be
->appreciated. I've already replaced the drive belt/serp. belt,
-changed the
->oil and filter, air filter, crankcase filter, PCV, radiator hoses and
->coolant, tranmission filter and fluid, front and rear diff fluid, and
->transfer case fluid. Exhaust system (Cat. back), and total brake job
->(calipers, drums, wheel cylinders, brake lines, pads, and linings) were
->replaced by the previous owner.
-
-Bye,
-Ray