RE: Truck Stalling Update!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 12:54:05 EST

Great explanation Bob. Problem with intermittent symptoms is you gotta have
continuous scanning or just wait until the part fails entirely. Pain in the
rear. With our technology today one would think our trucks would be a lot
smarter than that. Unfortunately, still playing catch up.

One good example of that. The 2001's have the AC controls that have a
separate button that turns the AC off and on. That allows you to use any
combination of vents and still run the AC. So I figure, hey, that's what I
want. Since 2000 controls are vertical and the '01's are horizontal I
figured I'd have to replace a portion of the dash to do it. No prob,
right?! Wrong! Looking behind the dash on a 2001 and the AC controls,
guess what? It's a mini-PCM in itself that controls interior climate. That
PCM plugs into the main PCM. Harnesses are all different. <sigh> Talked to
DC. Their answer: We want our trucks to have all the cushy comforts of our
cars. We're catching up. Hmmm....not if Schrempp has his way......:-(

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD