Re: A few Q's Re: Re: I4->V8?

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 19:10:38 EST

>>That's what I'll be doin to my '97 I4 round about late summer or fall.
Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying the 360 does not come with a
manual?
Why not? Is there anything I can do about that? And while we're on the
subject, has anyone priced a 318 or 360 drivetrain(97 or newer) from a
junkyard? I've4 been told to assume 2 grand. Would an older drivetrain fit
just as easily? <<

Here is my area of expertise... that is, pricing a 360 from a boneyard =) I
got mine (95 360) for 900 and change, plus a couple hundred here and there
for accessories (AC compressor, alternator, wiring harness). I got an auto
tranny for about 800. It's a 94 A518. If you go with a boneyard motor, make
sure it still has the wiring harness on it and in tact. A lot of em' cut the
harness because they don't realize what the harness is really worth. Without
the harness you are up shit creek with 360ci boat anchor.

About the manual, the 360 never came with a manual because (according to
Chrysler and New Venture Gear) the NV3500 used in Dakota V8's won't hold the
torque of the 360. There's nothing that says you can't bolt one up, but
you'll leave it on the street at some point. Hell, Mark Kuzia has an NV3500
behind a 360 in his dak, so he's the man to ask =)

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"STOCK SUCKS!"