A few Q's Re: Re: I4->V8?

From: yummy (yum@yermom.org)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 05:31:42 EST

"mike d." wrote:

> >>I'd prefer the 360 but the 318 would do too. Is one of them easier than
> the other? Must keep the manual transmission. Automatics are no fun IMO<<
>
> This swap is very easily accomplished on your truck. The hardest part will
> be finding the stuff. If you go with a 360, a manual is out of the question
> =(
> All you'd need is motormounts, tranny, driveshaft, wiring harness and
> computer, motor, and alot of patience.
>
> -miggity

ayup. That's what I'll be doin to my '97 I4 round about late summer or fall.
Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying the 360 does not come with a manual?
Why not? Is there anything I can do about that? And while we're on the
subject, has anyone priced a 318 or 360 drivetrain(97 or newer) from a
junkyard? I've4 been told to assume 2 grand. Would an older drivetrain fit
just as easily? Any feedback would be most appreciated...

William