Re: Truck Stalling Update!!

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 09:27:23 EST

Kyle,

Never rule out NAPA, remember there is sales tax but no handling fees... I
remember I found my super coil (square one) at the clearance rack for $15
and I had the round 35000 volt one that i had bought for $30... Just a
thought...

Chris

> > Kyle, keep in mind what happened w/ my accell coil... it would run fine
> > till I went to stop.. she died 3 times at stop signs... Might be a loose
> > wire in the coil (not likely, but possible) but I'm just guessin.. know
>of
> > anywhere you can get a loaner coil??
>
>This is true Jon, and I have this in the back of my mind. I may just go
>ahead and order a new Accel Coil and keep the current one as a potential
>backup in the toolbox. Wrenchead has the 140021 Accel Super Coil for $39.99,
>compared to Summit selling this one for $41.95 and Jeg's selling it for
>$41.99. But then again, I have had good luck with Summit in the past, as
>well as Jeg's, so I may just pay the extra $2 and order it through someone I
>have dealt with before, like Summit.
>Accel Coil "Specifications include: 34% peak increase in energy over OE. 36%
>peak dwell increase over OE. 23% peak increase in arc duration over OE. 17%
>peak increase in current over OE."
>
>At Carparts.com they want $60 for a stock Borg Warner coil; and autozone.com
>wants $32 for a stock coil. I could save some cash and just get a coil from
>autozone, to see how it runs with a new coil. But I would rather pay $10
>more and have the 'more powerful' coil. Gotta go do soone online buying
>now......wooohooo, such excitement on a Saturday night. And to think, in
>about 30 minutes I even have the pleasure of changing the oil in my
>girlfriends 2000 Durango 4x4(4.7L).
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm