Re: Insurance - who's good?

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 11:43:11 EST

I have been with Progressive for several years now and have no problems
with them, even after getting *several* tickets and being in a wreck that
was my fault last year and totalled two vehicles. They paid my claims quick
and even gave me more on my car than it was worth.
Of course, with my driving record, and being single, I pay about $2200 a
year. :)

Overall, I am pleased with them, plus they allow you to make payments
through the web site. A big plus for me as I am such a procrastinator I
usually wait till the day before it cancels to pay, hehe.

At 11:42 AM 2/4/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I got my renewal from Geico in the mail yesterday, it'll cost me $600
>for the next 6 months to carry NY State minimums on my truck. This is
>up a couple of dollars over my last period. I need to increase my
>coverages, but that will obviously jack up my rates.
>
>I went to Progressive's site and ran some numbers, I can get much more
>coverage for about $80/year less. However, I've heard some very mixed
>things about them, some good, some bad, some very bad. Who else is
>good? I've got a couple strikes against me that are beyond my control;
>I'm single, no kids, and under 25. However, I also have 6 years perfect
>driving record, ABS (Geico didn't make a distinction 2/4 wheel, I've
>only got 2-wheel), dual airbags, and the 5-hour safe driving course.
>
>I'm hoping to get more coverage for what I'm paying now, preferably
>less. Thoughts?
>
>PS: What really sucks is I work for an insurance company, but they only
>deal in life insurance, so I can't go through them for it.

Jack Hilton III

Dakota R/T Club
Division 2 Representative
Newnan, GA