Insurance - who's good?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 11:42:13 EST

I got my renewal from Geico in the mail yesterday, it'll cost me $600
for the next 6 months to carry NY State minimums on my truck. This is
up a couple of dollars over my last period. I need to increase my
coverages, but that will obviously jack up my rates.

I went to Progressive's site and ran some numbers, I can get much more
coverage for about $80/year less. However, I've heard some very mixed
things about them, some good, some bad, some very bad. Who else is
good? I've got a couple strikes against me that are beyond my control;
I'm single, no kids, and under 25. However, I also have 6 years perfect
driving record, ABS (Geico didn't make a distinction 2/4 wheel, I've
only got 2-wheel), dual airbags, and the 5-hour safe driving course.

I'm hoping to get more coverage for what I'm paying now, preferably
less. Thoughts?

PS: What really sucks is I work for an insurance company, but they only
deal in life insurance, so I can't go through them for it.