new hood installed (kinda long)

From: Steve & Leslie (slarunde@bardstown.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 07:14:27 EST

After enduring a few chilly hours outside Saturday afternoon (about 38
degrees), we finally got the hood and air scoop installed.

Let me first bring attention to those that still have the factory air filter
box on their truck and live in the country... do yourself a favor and from
time to time pull the air filter up and check underneath it. Those darn
little rodents (mice) must have discovered how to get into ours because we
found a few little tell tell signs that they had been in there.

We now return back to the install (lol).. So after picking all our tools up
we anxiously go out for a little spin. We take it easy at first and enjoy
the new stares and looks of amazment on peoples faces, at one light a guy in
a mini van looks over and must have said something to his family cause then
his wife and kids all leaned over trying to get a look. At this point
neither of us could wait any longer, we had to give a little nudge of the
gas and see how she responded and sounded. Once out on the backroads where
we could open her up a little we noticed that the motor seemed to run
quieter and shifted smoother, and definenately was wanting to go faster. We
cruise back through town and i say, "ok lets see how she does when we get on
her a bit". The next red light comes, stop, wait, green GO.... jump on the
gas and she launches forward, wow... both of us speechless at the new sound
we were hearing, a much deeper and beefier sound, was this really coming
from our truck? We look around, and no one is in site... yes it had to be
our truck... cool, needless to say we are both extremely happy.

Yesterday when we went to taco bell to grab some dinner we over heard a few
teenagers talking that were sitting at a booth in front of our truck...
"wow, looks long with those 4 doors", "looks cool", and then a girl walks up
to them and almosted yelled "looks AWSOME from the front!!!". We then
looked at each other and smiled.. that's our baby they're talking about. :-)

--
Steve & Leslie Runde
'00 QC SLT+, 3.9, 3.55, Black w/Light Driftwood, Leer cap