Had a great weekend, and am starting a bad week

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 19:50:28 EST

Hey everybody,

The pics from the Syracuse minimeet were great. Andy, those BFG's look
great on your truck. Sorry I missed it, it looked like a lot of fun.

In the past week I have put over 1200 miles on my truck, the performance
of the modded tb is great and I think there will be a slight increase in
MPG come warmer weather and better gas. I even spanked some yuppie in a
sourkrouted VW Golf :) He looked so eager sitting there revving his
engine, listening to the sickly growl of his 6" exhaust tip :) Boy did
that change when a beat up looking black Dak with all season tires and
cattle racks on the side blew him away LOL :) not bad for 190K on her :)

Meeting my fiance's parent went well, her damily likes me, and her Dad
even compliment my truck :), and her best friend was very impressed with
my stereo setup...A great weekend over all.

It's when i got home the trouble started. Add me to the ranks of those
that have been laid off. I hated the job I was doing anyway, but dammit
I need money, and the Syracuse job market is not nice to young people
who are trying to save to go to college. And for the past two days, my
truck immediatly revs to 2000 rpm upon startup for 10+ seconds or until
I hit the gas quickly. I think I should check the tb and make sure
everything bolted down as it should be...

There also here a high pitched noise from from I am pretty sure is the
fuel pump. It is louder than my Dynomax exhaust at idle. Is my pump
dying? I do not want to be stranded anywhere, but then I am broke until
I can get another job. One of the things I have thought about as a good
mod, would be to swap in a gas tank from a Ram van or something (31 or
36 gallon tanks :)). How feasable is this? I could just get the whole
tank and fuel pump assembly from a scarp yard...

better go no, I've ranted long enough :) Thanks for the help folks.

Mike S.
93 V6 5-speed CC 2WD
16" Permacool electric fan
Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust