Re: Passenger air bag and infant car seat

From: Jim Yeagley (jyeag@core.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 08:53:01 EST

Mel,

Unfortunately, the air bag thing is another situation where the government
has us over a barrel while claiming they are protecting us from ourselves.

I looked into getting the driver's airbag disabled on my truck, since there
is no back seat, my daughter sits in a booster seat in the center, and when
my wife drives she is close to 10" away from the wheel because she's under
5'. Not easy is all I have to say.

There is a list of manufacturers of switches, a list of vehicles that have
switches available, and listings of dealers that are willing to install them
on the NHTSA website here http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/airbags/

Please keep me informed on your progress. No matter how hard they make it,
it's worth it in the end for the safety of your child!

Jim Yeagley