Re: Re: Good Hood lock and cut off switch

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 16:22:09 EST

I believe it stops the flow of power to the starter.

IF I remember correctly there is a small junction box
(about 2"X2") with four wires coming out of it.

It installs like this:
1. cut wire from fuse box to starter
2. Connect wire "A" from fuse box to wire from
junction box
3. Connect wire "B" from starter to wire from Junction
box
4. Conncet wire "C" to a live wire when the ignition
is turned (I connected it to the wire from the fuse
box that powered the starter - it worked)
5. Connect wire "D" to a wire coming from the lock in
the cab of the truck.

When engaged and you turn the ignition key nothing
happens. I like the hood lock also. If someone was
to get inside the cab, they still couldn't start the
truck or open the hood to do damage.

This is old technology but, it works. It isn't used
much in today's cars due to all the cramped quarters
under the dash, firewall and inside the engine bay -
makes it hard to install.

It is easy to install on the Dakota.

It went through the fire wall to the right and up a
bit of the gas peddle.
--- WOT or waiting at a Red <dakatack@home.com> wrote:
> How does it lock out the starter?

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia