Re: RE: speedometer help!!!! x2

From: Jonathan Nelson (nelsonjo@engr.orst.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 19:54:39 EST

thanks for the help. Now I've got another one.. :) What do you do to correct
the speedo if you change tire sizes. I just got a set of R/T rims to replace my
15x8 factory rims. I am going to put 275/40R17 bridgestone RE730's on them.
the tire change compared to my factory 255/65R15 changes the diameter of the
tire by over 2 inches and will make the speedometer off by a little over 9%
using the auto math handbook. I'm sure you 4x4 guys have run into this
problem.. ???????

thanks,
jon

P.S. if anyone in the oregon area is interested in the old 15x8 factory rims
and 255/65R15 tires (9500 miles on them, good shape) let me know.