Re: Lockup Torque Converter "Slipping"

From: WPG (wpgottes@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 22:09:39 EST

Just a refresher. 99 R/T we are talking about here.

On the highway, cruise control set about 65 when ever you just crest a hill
or just start on the incline at the bottom of a hill, or go through a
depression in the road "dip" it appears that the torque converter unlocks
momentarily. We are talking just long enough to feel a change in pull, see
about 80 to 100 RPM increase and hear the engine change then it locks back
and goes on. It is getting pretty damn annoying though.

Anybody experience anything like this. I noticed a TSB for intermittent poor
driveabliity during steady state highway driving. Does this relate?

I haven't noticed this with the cruise off. I did try it with the overdrive
off and the anomaly still occurs.

Thanks for the input.

Paul