Re: Re: Lockup Torque Converter "Slipping"

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 22:01:30 EST

On Wed, 07 February 2001 22:32:09 -0500, in dakota-truck you wrote:
>momentarily. We are talking just long enough to feel a change in pull, see
>about 80 to 100 RPM increase and hear the engine change then it locks back
>and goes on. It is getting pretty damn annoying though.

Probably not the torque converter. My 99 R/T used to do the exact
same thing, and I too wondered if it was the torque converter, because
that's what it felt like. Then someone suggested it might be a bad
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). I took a chance and bought one at the
dealer for $40. Took about two minutes to replace. It fixed the
problem. That was about a year ago and the problem has not
resurfaced.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.425 @ 93.52, 258 rwhp
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html