Re: apc's speed glo dash gauges

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 23:15:04 EST

No, I didn't have to drill out the stop for my 120 MPH mark. Personally. I
just LEFT IT OUT. why drill it? it's just little needles that stick onto
the old dash peice (You can pull it out)

I went ahead and pulled the ENTIRE old dash piece off. I found the gauges
to not line up too well so screwdriver, pry pry upwards and RIPPPP...

I used superglue to glue the new speedglo dash on and no problems since. I
Do recommend glueing the new dash EXTREMELY flush with the instrument panel.
  Otherwise, (especially in cold weather) the needles will hit the speedglo
dash and it won't move until it warms up. Just advice for you.
-Chuong

PS. keep your hands CLEAN. buy a pair of thin rubber gloves or something

<<Help!! I purchased the speed glo dash for my dak. i have a few questions.
First did anyone have to drill out the stop for the "mph" 120 mark? I did!
second did anyone get the dash to line-up with the speed-glo. Some of the
icons are the same size some are different. The "check engine" and "o/d" are
bigger, i beleive there were a few more that i couldn't get lined up. I was
wanting to know if anybody had the same thing happen to them or similar.