Re: speedometer help!!! for a fellow BEAVER

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 00:27:01 EST

I don't know how the speedo works, but I am a fellow OSU Beaver!
 I graduated in '98 with a civil engineering degree. Dak
content: real engineers drive Daks and hate Quacks! (Oregon
joke--UO's mascot is the Ducks and is every Beaver fan's sworn
enemy.) How 'bout the football team this year! Man, it made me
wish I was back in school . . . I did go to the Fiesta Bowl and
loved watching the Irish get stomped! What a great year for the
Beav's . . . can't wait 'til September.

Anyway, if you come across anymore 3.90's, let me know. Did you
just go to a junkyard to get 'em? I also have the 3.55's and
with 32" tires, I've lost some low-end and the jump from 2nd to
3rd seems a bit longer.

Later,
JY
(see sig below)

--- Jonathan Nelson <nelsonjo@engr.orst.edu> wrote:
> Hey guys, hopefully someone out there can help me. I have a
> 2000
> regular cab SLT+ with the 4.7L and the 5-speed manual tranny.
> replaced the factory 3.55's in the rear with a set of factory
> 3.90's out
> of a similar truck that someone wrecked. How do I go about
> fixing the
> speedometer?
<snip>
> Jonathan Nelson
> Oregon State University
> Department of Mechanical Engineering
> Formula SAE Team Captain
> nelsonjo@engr.orst.edu
> formula@engr.orst.edu
> (541) 754-9584
> office: 132 Rogers Hall

=====
Later,
JY
Vegas '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Check my profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/BpQ4bPQ1PBzCI
Check my pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak
(real webpage coming soon)