RE: Re: speedometer help!!!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 00:40:31 EST

That is possible since the ABS system uses a revolutions per mile that's set
in the PCM to determine how fast the vehicle is going. The ABS pump
activation and pumping speed is determined by how fast the ABS and PCM think
the truck is traveling. So if you change tire sizes and don't re-program
the CABS or if the tire/wheel size you're using is outside the scope of what
the CABS can handle it could have an effect on how well the ABS system works
at stopping you.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD