Oil change/Fumoto valve

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 00:46:34 EST

Okay, I changed the oil in my Dak for the first time since I got it in
early January. Pretty straight-forward experience.

I tried to swap the Fumoto oil drain valve I had on my RX-7 to my Dak,
but damn the luck, it didn't fit. I'm officially stating: the F-106
DOES NOT fit on a '93 Dak Sport 2.5L I4. At least it doesn't fit on
mine. The diameter is right but the threads aren't - it got about
one full revolution in and wouldn't go any farther.

So, I'm going to beg again, 'cause I'm stubborn. Does anyone have a
clue which Fumoto oil drain valve fits a '93 Dak Sport 2.5L I4? At
this point I'd just give up and deal with it, except that the stock
drain plug has about 3 good threads left, and I'm going to *have* to
replace it next oil change.

I guess the real confusion here is, Fumoto's [pitiful] web site lists
the F-106 as the proper valve for "82.5-present 2.6L Dodge engines."
I just assumed this was a typo, and they meant the 2.5L, but I guess
not. They list the F-101 as the proper valve for "all other engines."
Maybe this one is the right one?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
alek@earthling.net

"My mind is wide asleep, my conscious deep awake .. the promises I keep are not the ones I make. I count the caustic causes, I lost out of regret .. a surplus of good intentions don't provide me with content. All I want is just a little content." - Fat Mike, NOFX