Re: att Ted O

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 15:53:52 EST

    Okay ... I've kept my mouth shut on the whole Lightning thing (which is
a monthly occurrence now, but enough is enough. Personally, I don't care
which is a better truck. I believe that if the owner likes it, then that's
it.
    To take this debate to a personal level as you have done is going too
far. Ted O. has been and will be (hopefully) a valued member of the Dakota
Mailing List. He owned a very fast Dakota before buying the "L" and his
knowledge and learning experience has been a help to many. You say Ted
answers all anti Lightning posts. I say that he lets more than a few brush
by without comment. As for his dragging it out, wouldn't you respond to a
few posts slamming your vehicle ... whether a Dakota or whatever. Ted only
has so many cheeks to turn and I for one don't blame him for speaking up.
And besides ... who is dragging it out now (besides me) ... not Ted O.
    Yes, this is a Dakota list and topics do sometimes go astray. However, I
feel that this "L" vs. Dak debate is relevant to a point because it's good
to know your "competition". Lately, though, it has deviated from that
aspect.
    Lastly ... Doesn't your delete button work??

Ted O. - I know you don't need me to speak in your behalf, but I couldn't
stand still on this one.

--
Chuck Robbins (zipping up my nomex now)
'99 Dakota Sport