Balljoints?

From: DONKEYJAKE@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 22:20:58 EST

  I posted a problem with my 97 4x4 318 CC a while back. I was getting a
rubbing feeling in my front end. Dak's not under warranty so I took it in to
a local shop that's always treated me good. All they could find was worn
rotors on the front. Ron suggested this as the culprit so I got them to
resurface the rotors, replace all pads and bleed the system. The feeling is
still there and now I'm starting to hear it.
  Could the balljoints do this? Wouldn't I hear or feel it only if the IFS
was articulated and not driving straight? I've had people suggest bearings.
  It's really felt when turning right and under a pretty good acceleration
straight, mainly from the right front side. Other people I've had ride with
me say they can't feel it. I know that it is slight but I know that it's
never done this before, so I can feel it.
  I could really use some help on this since I'll soon be traveling across
country with the old lady and our little one. Don't want to have problems on
our big trip.
  Sorry so long but I got to find out what's going on with the Dak. Thanks in
advance DML.

JAKE