Re: Re: 68mm 4.7l tb

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 17:26:08 EST

In a message dated 2/9/2001 12:34:07 PM Central Standard Time,
richster@san.rr.com writes:

<< That is a good question. Shouldn't the horsepower/torque specifications
for
 the 2001 model year truck increase due to the larger throttle body?

Not neccessarily. There are numerous other changes to the 2001 v.s. 2000 as
well.

As a side note, I found out something very interesting on the dyno last week.
I did one run with the Home Depo special (I fabricated from parts from Home
Depot), bolting the K&N directly to the throttle-body and no filter at all.
The best run was the home depot run. It especially did not like not having
any filter at all. -5hp and -9 pft. This is probably the direct result of a
leaner mixture...

James