Re: 68mm 4.7l tb

From: WOT or waiting at a Red (dakatack@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 03:37:43 EST

Area of the 65mm TB is 3318 sq mm and The Shaft is 10mm x 65mm = 650mm
Area of the 68mm TB is 3631 sq mm and The Shaft is 10mm x 68mm = 680mm
That's aprox 10 percent more area for the larger TB
If you trim the shaft down to 5.5mm you pick up about 300 sq mm.
So you could get 3937 sq mm on the 68mm modified.
That takes up to aprox 15 percent more area over a stock 65mm TB.

Patrick O'Day
2000 Dakota 4x4, 4.7L, CC
Ztube w/9 inch big mouth filter
68 MM TB Ported and Polished