Re: 3.0 V6 vs 3.9V6

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 20:13:56 EST

The 3.0 basically has only had the valve guide problem
as far as I know,with the exception of some crank
failures in the early Stealths with twin
turbos.Otherwise it`s not a bad motor at all.The A604
is a beefier version of the 4-speed auto that Chrysler
had trouble with in the early 90`s in the
minivans.From what I have heard,the 1993 models
especially had terrible reliability with their
transmissions.It did not help that the tranny
dipsticks stated that you could use Dexron fluid.Only
7176 fluid should have been indicated.As for your
overheating problem,you might want to post your
problem at Allpar.com. and check out their archives.
 Steve P. --- dakotaviper <dakotaviper@yahoo.com>