Re: Insurance and engine swaps

From: Allied420@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 21:32:24 EST

Yeh, deffinatly read the policy thorough. On my last vehicle, a '96 Subaru
Impreza 2.5 RS, the extended warranty people voided my entire warranty, b/c i
added a turbo unit. But, indeed, in the fine print it did say that ANY
modification will void the entire warranty. Let's just say, when the rep.
broke it down to me, he said, "I'll put it like this, if your a/c compressor
went out, and you had this turbo on here, we wouldn't fix it." So they do
cover their asses, as do the insurance people. So make sure you read the fine
print.

Gene Atlanta, Ga
'97 Dak. CC v6 3.92LSD, Auto.