Insurance and engine swaps

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 15:18:51 EST

Ok, something just popped in my head and made me wonder about it. With all
teh engine swapping going on and people going from little (hehehehe) V-6's to
the manly man V-8 (hehehehe), how would htis affect insurance coverage? If
you insure the truck as a Dodge Dakota V-6 and swap in a V-8 and don't tell
your insurance company, would that be considered fraud? I mean, let's say
you total the truck, could they deny you money becuase the truck was altered
in a radical fashion and they were not informed about it? I have heard if
you do a swap like what I and many others have done, that you are to tell the
insurance company and they will re-evaluate your policy and adjust the
payments as needed. TIA

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakota
69 Dodge Charger (Taken her out for a spin today!)