Colored Hose kits

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 23:40:20 EST

hey everyone! Thanks for the response.

On the Orange - I have limited stock left. Then that is it. On the
green - the same. It is a dark forest green and only 3mm diam. For the
other colors - red, blue, silver and yellow - I will have the hoses for
the heater lines, vacuum lines from the TB, from the manifold covers to
the air box and the intake manifold. ON the Magnum (non 4.7) the
radiator overflow line also. I have no idea on pricing. The blue does
match up with the patriot blue color. The silver would be awesome with
the intense blue. The yellow does match up right. The red is the flame
red also! Once we have the heater hoses (5/8 diam) in and ready, then
packaged. I will get everyone the regional distributors to contact. If
someone wants to work with one company as a group buy,then so be it!

The current hose kits come with 10mm, 6 mm and 3 mm. 10' each. The
retail is around $30 for the current kit. Not bad at all. I did check
around on this first! This is a standard dress up kit for the engine.
This kind of dress up does go beyond whether you have beans, rice or
potatoes for dinner.

I do want to let you in on some other info! Bernd did mention the
difference in the air filters from K&N and the RS Akimoto replacement
filter. Some neat info I found out yesterday. The K&N/S&B uses
aluminum mesh with rubber ends. The base is solid rubber with a hard
right hand angle. Air hates to flow over such angles and then will not
use the base of the filter area for the first 1 inch to flow through.
The rubber will degrade and then be sucked into the engine with time (1
year). The aluminum mesh is easy to bend and distort, thus losing the
ability to focus and straighten the air flow into the filter. The RS
Akimoto filter has a spun aluminum base with a velocity stack built in
to channel the air from all parts of the filter. The open end filter
element is neat, but not really a contributor to increased flow rates.
The stainless steel mesh holds its shape much better and is tougher to
bend and distort. With an all aluminum construction, there is no rubber
to degrade. This filter will not die for years. It does look smaller
than the K&N 6x9 cone. Flow is one thing, but if you have to buy a new
one every 1-2 years any worry about crimping the mesh (slowing down
flow) and rubber going in to the engine, what is the value of maybe
50cfm maximum over the RSA filter? Just some info.

I am trying to get the info to everyone. No cracks from Bernd from me
turning into Dakimoto or DACUDA-Rice now! LOL.

Jim Harmon
DACUDA