I'm back............

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 05:19:09 EST

Hi, Folks

    I'm back, Sorry for not writing for a while, but home life, working 2
jobs and volunteering just took up to much time. To top that off they took
away our Internet here at work. That left just getting straight e-mails of
each posting and that would just over load my e-mail box here at work. It
took me a while to think about it but now I have the DML Digest sent and I
can read that when time allows.

   No new major mods or anything to my Dak. I just did get the front windows
tinted as dark as the law allows here in Texas and the back window to match
the factory tint on the back door windows. Looks nice now and hopefully
cooler in the summer.

    I did lose the DML sticker and Rams Head Sticker on the rear window. Can
someone tell me who is the latest supplier for these?

    I been catching up on some of the post in the last week or so, Do I
understand that some of the 4.7s came with a 65mm TB and some w/ a 68mm? I
cleaned mine last week and it has 68 on the back of the blade. Lucky me?

    I think I will order one of the Fumoto valves for my 4.7. By adding a
"n" on the 106 includes the nipple, but dose the 106 (w/o the nip) have
threads? Or just a smooth finish. How bout just plum a pipe from the oil pan
to the side of the truck this way you don't have to craw underneath? Hey it
was just a thought. And did any one find a spot to relocate the oil filter?
Can it be relocated higher then the factory location? How long can the lines
be? What about oil draining back in to the pan after shutting down the
motor and then the time it takes to pump the oil back into it at start-up?

    Just turning 13,000 miles and the 4.7L starting to loosen up and feeling
good!

Don M
Geocities.com/maldbnsf

    '00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Auto, 3.55(Mobil 1 lube), SLT, Mobil 1 oil, oil
cooler, Flow-Pro cat back. Home brew w/ K&N, 180 T-state, Tinted windows,
Bug Screen, so on and so on. It's all listed on my DML page and on my web
site.

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!