RE: 3.9 V6 maintenance...

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 16:12:42 EST

The maintenance interval for your serpentine belt is at least 60,000 miles,
probably higher. You should check it periodically for cracks and peeling.
If it's doing that I would get it replaced, otherwise if it ain't broke,
leave it alone. Want to know what kills a serpentine belt faster than
anything? Get antifreeze on it and don't clean it off right away.

As far as your coolant, the recommendation is every 36 months regardless of
mileage. I won't let mine go beyond 24 months. The reason: The chemicals
in antifreeze break down after a period of time (even with distilled water)
and will start to eat at your radiator, heater core, and water pump. In
the case of coolant a little prudence will pay off in the long run.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD