RE: Auto Trans Questions

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 16:29:35 EST

These trannys have come a long way since their introduction. The
recommended maintenance interval on yours is every 37,500 miles. The people
that are racing or towing without building up their valve body and/or torque
converter should probably opt to change theirs every 15,000-20,000 miles.
If your driving is mild then following the regular maintenance
specifications should be okay. The filter should be changed and the bands
adjusted. Refill requires at least 10 qts. of fluid. It will take more if
you have hvy. duty cooling which includes a separate transmission cooler.
Make sure you use ATF that is plus 3, type 7176 compliant.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD