driveshaft questions

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 02:48:33 EST

Okay, while shopping around the local salvage yard, I saw a gen3 dakota that
looked like it got t-boned on the passenger side so the car was totaled out.
  (lucky for me) I snagged the computer for it and also got some interior
things I broke on my truck. (watch out on 97 dakotas, the driver side
window switch has a plastic clip instead of a metal clip on newer models)

Anyways. I look in the bed and there laid an alum. driveshaft. I looked
under the truck and it was disconnected. I've been thinking about an alum.
or lighter driveshaft instead of the two piece carrier bearing design I have
on my 97 CC v6. Can anyone confirm that this will or will not work? The
guy wanted 100 bucks for it (Good deal?)

Thanks in advance...

-Chuong

PS. If I put a DML sticker on the new alum drive shaft (Since the alum ones
are about 5" tubing) will that help add about 50 ft/lbs torque?