RE: Fram suregrip, No!!!!!

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 20:16:48 EST

I delt with these damn things yesterday at work.. I used a pair of oil
filter pliers to wrench em off.. wound up crushing them like you wouldn't
believe just to get a grip on em. try gettin some brake cleaner on it to
make sure all the oil is off 1st... depending on truck/motor combo, you
may gain easier access through the wheel well, in which case you could use a
cold chisel to carefully tap it loose (as a last resort)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-I used a Fram suregrip oil filter (the one with the black crap on it for
-better gripping) and now I can not for the life of me get it off,
-I used both
-the wrench cap and the wrench thingy that goes around the filter.
-The black
-crap is coming off, not helping. Now I put this filter on and I
-don't think
-i put it on to hard. I suggest no one uses one of these.
-
-If this has happened to you and you have any advice please share,
-I think I
-will just have to take it to a oil place and let them do it, if they can.
-