Rear end noise

From: David Carmany (gt6416b@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 20:16:29 EST

I noticed a whining comming from the rear of my vehicle. The whining is
basically inperceptible below 50 mph then is a contsant pitch and
increases in volume with increase of speed.. I took off the rear diff
cover and my gear oil looked good and I did find some "dust" in there.
It wasnt a lot and I found like 1 small shaving. I looked at the gears
and they all seem sharp and have "normal" wear. I put the cover back on
and bought the synthetic gear oil and the posi additive stuff and filled
her up. The noise is still there and I dont have a good idea of what it
could be.Any thoughts?