RE: Project time!

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 21:28:39 EST

I'm definitely interested!!!

Tom "Slick"
Lancaster, Tx.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of ABeerCan@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001 6:11 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Project time!

Ok guys, wish me luck! For tomorrow I start three projects at once! And
they have been put in this order:
1) Remodel the master bath (new tub, new molding, etc...) (Number one by
order of the wife!!)
2) Begin the laying of the fiberglass for the front fenders of the Dakado.
am going to be molding in a 4" flare where the factory is only like a 1.5"
flare. I am also going to be making new inner fenders that are flatter on
the top so the tires can tuck better.
3) Begin stripping the 69 Dodge Charger down to the frame for a full resto.
I want to do a General Lee resto including welding the doors, but the wife
doesn't want that, yet. hehehehe Maybe one day.

I was also wondering, if these fenders turn out ok and I am satisfied with
the finish and smoothness of the final gel coat, how many others would be
interested in a set fo these fenders? I have no idea of price yet, but
since
this is for the DML, I will be doing it for costs only. And in case you are
wondering, yes, these will be hand laid fiberglass with a nice heavy gell
coat on the inside and outside of the fender to make it more durable. They
will fit 91 - 96 Dakotas. If there is enough interest and I can find a
slave
truck, (hehehe Bernd!) we can also see about getting some for the Gen-III's
out there. Hope this has peaked some interest.

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakota
69 Dodge Charger
89 Shelby Dakota - sold to my machinist for better care