Re: Mechanical Question????????

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 01:26:36 EST

It sounds like you didn't place the pump in correctly because I BELIEVE the
clicking is coming from that automatic tensioner. Once there is too much
slack in the belt, the tensioner will "bottom out?" and the spring will hit
the frame of the tensioner causing it to click...

Try checking to see if there's excess slack in the belt or if you fully
tightened down the power steering pully or if you forgot to install spacers
or something....

If you need help still, just repost and I'll look closer in my haynes
manual.
-Chuong