RE: DIMLY: RE: RE: rear sway bar???

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 11:05:41 EST

That's the one! Helwig.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: bernd@texas.net [mailto:bernd@texas.net]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 4:27 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: RE: rear sway bar???

I wouldn't call that thing a swaybar that comes with the Handling
package...it's more like a coat hanger. ;)

I replaced mine as well with the Helwig Bar from JC Whitney...about 6 months

after I bought the truck...still works perfectly. I think it was right
around
$140 and it comes with all the Poly-Bushings and mounting hardware required.

- Bernd

> For the Daks that come with the Tire and Handling package, isn't the rear
> sway bar mounted to the rear axle with tabs that are welded to the axle?
> put one on to a Dak without the Handling package you will then need to buy
> the U bolts and bushings elsewhere. On my 98 I installed the rear sway
bar
> kit that is sold by JC Whitney. I can't recall the manufacturer of it
right
> now but if you take advantage of JC Whitney's periodic promotional
discount
> and free shipping offers, you can get the complete set for under $150.
The