Re: Shocking discovery (locker in the front)

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 15:48:37 EST

I'm a bit confused. Didn't you find that when you turned the
wheel, the front shaft spun? Doesn't that mean you shouldn't
put a locker in because the front axle is always spinning?
--i.e. without manual hubs you're unable to disconnect the front
and therefore will suffer some on road handling problems
(cornering) and excessive wear. I'm not an expert, I've just
done some investigating, and I think I have my facts straight.
If not, I'll be happy to eat my words.

Signed,
JY (Jason, too, which is why I go by "JY" on this list)