Air Pressure/MPG

From: Kevin L. Miller (kmrcdd@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 02:47:40 EST

I Heard Dr Chris Jacobs (Jacobs Electronics Founder) on a talkshow few years
ago talking about performance & mpg. He said they did testing on many
different factors relating to performance & fuel economy besides their own
products. They found the best MPG, tire wear, & longevity resulted from Over
inflating tires 1-2 psi over the Mfgr's max. I followed this advice on my 94
Sonoma w/ Tiger paws. 1st set -got 72,000 miles - at trucks recommended
inflation. 2nd set of tiger paws (same tire & size) got 97,000 miles. @nd
2nd set still had more tread than the 1st did. They weren't in the wear
indicators yet.The only drawback is ride comfort. I'm currently running my
31's at 51 psi. 34000+ miles. No abnormal wear. I dont know how many miles
these Goodyears are supposed to last. from the tread I have left I estimate
60-70k miles.Time will tell.
kmrcdd@swbell.net
Kevin
2000 4x4 QC 4.7L auto SLT+ 3.55 LSD Skids ,K&N, MAAP Nerfs, SS bedrails
Catch-alls, Deflectors, White/Silver 180 TS, Bosch 4418 +4 Mobil-1