Re: Flames are boring, Richard gets blown...

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 09:30:02 EST

Brett, Bernd, Ryan and Will:

Thanks for the kind words. I must say that this truck would not be what
it is(Except clean) but for the DML. I joined the DML very soon after
buying this Dak (my second) and have never regretted it (the DML or the
Dak) although there are times when the messages can be REALLY BORING.
However, I must say that I learned more through this list than anywhere
else. I not only learned what to do, but what NOT to do. The experience
of over 1,000 (it was like 25 or so when I joined) has been fantastic! So
many people have given so much. it's incredible. The knowledge base here
is ever-expanding and covers nearly everything. Look at Will and I, while
I like my truck to look great, I do have to use it and do want to race
it. Through Will, I can gain a lot about keeping the truck looking good.
Through people like Bernd, Gene Rivers, Jon Smith, Mike Clark, Mike
Satterfield, Mark Kuzia, Sam South, Alan Short and others, I learn
performance tips and things to avoid. Thanks to Jon Steiger, it's all
available in one convenient location that's open 24 hours a day! There's
even someone in California still looking for gray leather Durango buckets
for my Dak (thanks, Steve)!

I especially thank Bernd for the blower installation (yes, Bernd, I, too,
will always prefer being blown) and the mystery box. When a former DMLer
was offering his Powerdyne unit for sale, I checked the Powerdyne webpage
and noticed it was indicated for '96 up Dakotas. Powerdyne ( the
manufacturer of the kit told me it wouldn't work on my truck. Why?
"Because there were changes between '95 and '96." Well, DUH! No shit.
But, there were significant changes between '96 and '97, so wtf? The main
change between '95 and '96 was OBD-One-kenobe to OBD -II kenobe. Thanks
to Bernd, he was able to find all of the facts and make the installation
not just work, but flawless! No pinging, no MILs, no anything but POWER!
Without the DML (and especially Bernd), I would have had to rely on the
Powerdyne website and would not have that great huffer.

The DML has introduced me to so many great people. Some I may never meet,
but will always feel close to. I appreciate all who have answered private
e-mails I have sent and who have shared knowledge and humor across the
DML. The DML is without a doubt, one of the highlights of my day. In
some ways I wish the country were smaller so that all of us could get
together and meet if only for one day. If you ever have the opportunity
to attend any kind of DML event, DON"T MISS IT.

Thanks for the webpage Brett. Let's go fishing!

Long live the DML!

Richard in San Antonio
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.