RE: RE: RE: rear sway bar??? - CA Trip

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 14:28:41 EST

>In my neighborhood, a house doesn't stay on the market more than four days.

Yeah, no kidding.

>It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it! Ok, back to sway bars.
>I've been considering Hotchkis but I don't want to sacrifice ride for
>cornering....so it's a tough decision.

It's my understanding that sway bars don't do anything when going in a
straight line. Hence they won't affect ride comfort at all. Also I think
trucks in general need a much bigger front sway bar than rear because that's
where all the weight is. If the rear sway bar was larger and the front was
left the same wouldn't pickups understeer even worse than they already do.

If your truck is a primary people transporter, I wouldn't recommend the
hotchkis springs/shocks. Start smaller with just the sway bars.

>Ron
>00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
>For modifications see my DML Profile (URL follows)
>http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Kw9pV1EkFeOYY

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at