RE: A/C Recharge???

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 16:38:15 EST

The requirement to recharge varies as does the types of leaks. Yours being
only 3 years old should be using R134A refrigerant. That shouldn't be an
expensive recharge. What may be expensive will be the reason why you have
to recharge. If it isn't apparent they will put in a dye with the recharge
and will recheck it to determine where the leaks coming from. It may not be
a leak, though. It could be a bad AC compressor. If so, hope that the
extended warranty covers it because that's a $1,000 job.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD