A/C Recharge???

From: KatedralDeAguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 15:30:12 EST

DMLers,
After purchasing your new vehicles how soon did
anyone, if at all, have to recharge their AC??? I have
had mine about 3 years and hadnt doen it yet but last
summer it was fine now as we are about to enter
another hot one, it doesn't even blow cool air!!! I
need a recharge and leak check. Is it a warranty or
extended warranty item if it is leaking due to
defect?? It can't be a wear item cause those parts are
supposed to last!
  Whats the latest state of the whole freon non-freon
charging and licensing and supply rules?
Alberto