Re: Tranny just died!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 19:36:59 EST

> My tranny just got replaced, I got it replaced not rebuilt for 1,100.00
and
> it is a MOPAR performance auto tranny. DON NOT GET IT REBUILT AT THE
DEALER!
> They tried to charge me 2700.00 to rebuild it not replace it. good luck!

Matt,
So basically they unbolted your old tranny, removed it, and bolted on a
brand new one for $1,100??? At the dealer??!! If this is so, why not do it
through the dealer?! What kind of warranty comes with it?? I was planning on
spending $1500 to have a tranny shop rebuilt my truck's transmission within
the next 2-3 months. I might just go ahead and make a phone call tomorrow to
see what the charge would be through the dealer for a new auto tranny.
Hmmmmmm.....why rebuild when you can replace! :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6