RE: Rattle down below...

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 21:03:23 EST

My 97 is on its 3rd cat. I get about 20k per cat it seems. You're
lucky though; the last time mine went out, I swear half the 97's in
the country must've blown their cats - the replacement parts were on
national backorder status for several weeks.

As for the 8yr/80k mile warranty - I think that goes for just about
any newer vehicle (for catalytic converters anyways). It's some kind
of federally mandated emissions thing.