Re: Suspension Lift VS Body Lift 98 Dak 4x4?

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 01:01:12 EST

Don't give up so easy! ;) As was recommended by others, if you
have the cash, the suspension lift is the way to go . . . you'll
be able to fit bigger tires and the truck will look awesome.
However, if you're like me and you don't have the fundage or you
want something more mild, but don't want to have your Dakota
confused as a 2wd anymore, get a 2" or 3" body lift. I put a 2"
Performance Accessories body lift (got it out of JCWhitney for
$150) on my '98 4x4 all by myself. You said you wanted to see
pics, so here you go . . . these are basically step by step. I
will soon have a web page, but this will have to do for now . .
. click on the "Body lift" album:
http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak

The 2" lift allowed me to get 32"x11.5" 15R on the stock rims
underneath the fenders. If you bought new rims with a greater
backspacing, you could fit 33" tires easily, even with just a 2"
body lift. I say this because a coworker of mine actually has
33's on his Dak with no body lift at all and on the stock
rims--rubs really bad on the frame rail when he turns sharp and
doesn't look quite right. Anyway, a body lift is economical and
looks great as long as its not over 3", IMHO. If you have any
questions about the install, feel free to ask.

JY