Timing Chain - UPDATE!

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 13:09:22 EST

Well, after some encouragement and advice for some of you, I decided to do
the timing chain fix myself. So, I call 3 local Dodge dealers to order a
double-roller timing chain, the tensioner, and the other stuff needed
(gaskets - seal). It was as if I just fell off the turnip truck. NONE of
them had any idea of what I was talking about when I asked for the
tensioner. So, I had mentioned this to my dad the next time I was at my
parents house. Last night he calls me to come over. He has everything I
need...dbl-roller chain & sprockets, tensioner, gaskets, seal. (Yes the
double roller works with the tensioner) Grand total: $93 and some change.
Said he called a Dodge dealer close to where he worked. The guy knew
exactly what he was talking about....had the parts laid out for him....and
gave him 20% off to boot (got to love connections).
I've got the part numbers for everything. I'm going to take pics of
everything, and have the wife take notes when I'm doing it. Then I'll
forward this info to someone to post in a "how-to" section. I must remind
you though that this may turn out to be a "how-to" from hell seeing as this
is my first time taking on such a project.
Oh, also included in the "how-to" will be the replacement of the water-pump
(got it off-may as well put a new one on), and the alternator (finally
getting the 120amp on Kyle!).
So, Jon Smith, Bernd, and others....prepare to be harrassed with
questions....I'm planning on doing this Saturday.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/