RE: Timing Chain - UPDATE!

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 15:17:52 EST

I'd like to get a copy of your write up to add to/incorporate on my pages...
I'm not the most eloquent with words :) I've got to work saturday, so I
won't be around the email... email me off list and I'll give you my cell
phone # in case you run into a snag.

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-Well, after some encouragement and advice for some of you, I decided to do
-the timing chain fix myself. So, I call 3 local Dodge dealers to order a
-double-roller timing chain, the tensioner, and the other stuff needed
-(gaskets - seal). It was as if I just fell off the turnip truck. NONE of
-them had any idea of what I was talking about when I asked for the
-tensioner. So, I had mentioned this to my dad the next time I was at my
-parents house. Last night he calls me to come over. He has everything I
-need...dbl-roller chain & sprockets, tensioner, gaskets, seal. (Yes the
-double roller works with the tensioner) Grand total: $93 and some
-change.
-Said he called a Dodge dealer close to where he worked. The guy knew
-exactly what he was talking about....had the parts laid out for him....and
-gave him 20% off to boot (got to love connections).
-I've got the part numbers for everything. I'm going to take pics of
-everything, and have the wife take notes when I'm doing it. Then I'll
-forward this info to someone to post in a "how-to" section. I must remind
-you though that this may turn out to be a "how-to" from hell
-seeing as this
-is my first time taking on such a project.
-Oh, also included in the "how-to" will be the replacement of the
-water-pump
-(got it off-may as well put a new one on), and the alternator (finally
-getting the 120amp on Kyle!).
-So, Jon Smith, Bernd, and others....prepare to be harrassed with
-questions....I'm planning on doing this Saturday.
---Aaron--
-95 DSRC 4x4 V6
-www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/
-