Re: Auto Trans - synthetic

From: Josh Stolarz (jstolarz@loa.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 10:37:17 EST

I would ask the dealer about synthetic in the 4.7 tranny. That is quite a
different tranny from the norm, and synthetic might not be recommended. One
of the differences is that it doesn't use clutch plates and such, instead it
regulates oil pressure, and changes the pressure to what is required to push
on the plates. This is not the whole technical description, just a brief
simplified description. I also read the article a while ago. But you can see
why synthetic might cause a problem..

Josh
http://dakota.jumpautos.com